He was borned in Shiraz – Iran at 1969, moved to Turkey at 1984 and now is a citizen of Turkey. He was graduated from highschool in Ankara at 1986 and entered the University of Çukurova – faculty of medicine at the same year. On 1992 he was graduated from the same university in Adana […]
He was borned in Shiraz – Iran at 1969, moved to Turkey at 1984 and now is a citizen of Turkey. He was graduated from highschool in Ankara at 1986 and entered the University of Çukurova – faculty of medicine at the same year. On 1992 he was graduated from the same university in Adana as doctor of medicine. He started his residentship at 1993 in the Ege University, faculty of medicine in General Surgery and became a general surgeon at 1998. In the same year he moved to Istanbul where he started to practice in a private hospital. And now it’s about 12 years that he is working as a general Surgeon. During his practice his priority was laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery. Among the situations that he faced in the centers he worked, Dr. Tabandeh was skilled in geriatric surgery. Although his favorite field is obesity surgery, since June 2008 he is working in the Cancer center of the Medicalpark Hospital in Istanbul. He is also is working with the transplantation teams of two different hospitals. He is ascociate professor of general surgery in the Bahçeşehir University, School of medicine in Istanbul.
Dr. Tabandeh is married and has two daughters. He Knows English, Turkish and Persian.
Diplomas & Certificates:
Doctor of Medicine ; 1992- Adana , Turkey , Diploma number : 1735
Speciality in General Suırgery; 1998 , Izmir , Turkey , Diploma no : 1850
Infrared Coagulator & Sclerotherrapy 2002- Ankara , Turkey
ISGH Upper GI Endoscopy & RSS Certificate 2003- Tehran , Iran
Minimal Access Surgery Certificate 2007-IRCAD-EITS – Strasburg , France
Courses & Postgraduate Educations:
İstanbul University, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of medicine , 2nd Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Course – Istanbul 2001
Ankara University Faculty of medicine 3rd practical Endoscopic Surgery course 2001
Sclerotherrapy practical treatment course – Ankara 2002
Infrared Coagulator & Rubber Band cource – Ankara 2002
ISGH Course of Upper GI Endoscopy & Rectosigmoidoscopy – Tehran 2003
İstanbul University 8th Postgraduate Course – Upper GI Diseases 2003
Colorectal Surgery Masterclass, Elancourt – France 2005
European Lap-Band System Workshop – Belgium 2006
Intensive course – Laparoscopic General Surgery- France 2007 Course of Doppler hemoroidectomy (HAL & RAR) – Austria 2010 Course of the procedure of Spatz adjustable baloon system – Istanbul 2010 12th Postgraduate Medical-Surgical Endochrinology course İstanbul November 2013
Working History :
Ege University, Faculty of medicine General Surgery Unite İzmir 1998
Ümraniye Private Hospital , İstanbul 1998 – 2000
Delta Private Hospital , İstanbul 2001
Medicana Çamlıca Hospital (former Hayat) , İstanbul 2001-2008
Medical Park-Göztepe Hospital & Cancer Center , İstanbul Since June 2008
Bahçeşehir University School of Medicine, Department of General Surgery Since 2013
Scientific Associations Joined : Turkish Medical Union 1998
Istanbul Surgical Associations 2000
Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgery Association 2000
Liver Transpalntation Association 2005 Gastrointestinal Oncology Association 2008 Turkish Colorectal Surgery Association 2010 Turkish obesity & Methabolic Surgery Association 2010
Congresses & Symposiums :
II.nd National HPB Surgery Congress 1995
VI.th National Colorectal Cancer Surgery Congress 1995
XII.th National gastroenterology Congress 1995
Turkish National Surgical Congress 1996
III.rd national HPB Surgery Congress 1997
Turkish National Surgical Congress 1998
Ankara University Endoscopic Surgery Congress 2001
V.th National Endoscopic-Laparoscopic Surgery Congress 2002
İÜ Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine Postgraduate course 2003
3rd Mediterranian & Middle Eastern Endoscopic Surgery Congress 2003
Videoendoscopic interventions in groin hernia, Kasımpaşa Navy Hospital 2003
Stappler Rectal Mucosectomy Workshop Ankara Mevki Army Hospital 2004
I.st National hernia Congress 2005
VII.th National Endoscopic-Laparoscopic Surgery Congress 2005
1st Congress of Kowsar Heart Hospital 2006
VIII.th National Endoscopic-Laparoscopic Surgery Congress 2007
2nd Congress of Kowsar Heart Hospital 2007
11th Congress of the Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation 2008 3rd Congress of Kowsar Heart Hospital 2008
İstanbul University New Technics in Thyroid Surgery 2008 Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation November 2008 2.nd Post graduate minimally invasive endochrine surgery March 2009 1.st National gastrointestinal oncology congress April 2009 XII.th National congress on colon and rectum surgery May 2009 X.th national congress on breast diseases October 2009 9th National Endoscopic-Laparoscopic Surgery Congress October 2009 2nd National congress of morbid obesity surgery and methaboic disorders October 2009 4th symposium of Kowsar Heart Hospital April 2010 Fall symposium of Turkish Colorectal surgery society November 2010 4th Turkish National herni Congress April 2013 Bodrum Turkey 28th Turkish National Antibiotics &Chemotherapeutics Congress May 2013 Antalya Turkey 18th IFSO World Congress of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders 28-31 Augest 2013 İstanbul – Turkey 99th Annual Clinical Congress of The American College Of Surgeons 2013 Washington D.C.
Workshop (Working as scientific secretery) : Intraoperative nerve monitoring in the Thyroid & Parathyroid surgery postgraduate course , September 2013 , Istanbul, BAU School of Medicine, Dr. Babek Tabandeh
Symposium (Working as speaker) : 1st. Oncologic symposium in Modern trends in Colorectal Cancer surgery 7th, September 2013 , Elazığ Medicalpark , BAU School of medicine – Medicalpark , Dr. Babek Tabandeh
Special Fields of Intrest :
After finishing my education I started my private practice by dealing with endoscopy of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. By performing near 3000 endoscopies (gastroscopy, colonoscopy & rectosigmoidoscopy) including therrapeutic interventions I got the chance of better understanding of gastrointestinal pathologies.
As a fact, modern surgery goes minimally invasive. As far as I could, I tried to train myself in this field both theoretically and practically. In this era, performing of cholecystectomy, appendectomy, treatment of groin, ventral and hiatal hernias, treatment of ulcer perforations, achalasia, colonic pathologies, adrenal masses and splenectomies are performed laparoscopically in my practice. Single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) procedures are rutinely done in our practice. We also have plans about performing robotic surgery and NOTES (Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery) in the future.
Since 2006 as a part of a multidisciplinary practice I’m working with internists, endochrinologists, dietitians, plastic surgeons and psychiatrists for the invasive and minimally invasive treatment of the Morbid Obesity. Intragastric Baloon insertions, Gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass procedures are all performing in our center mostly laparoscopicaly.
According to the needs and nesseccities of the patient group that we are dealing in our hospital, I am used to take care of elderly (geriatric) patient and peopl who have multiple cohort diseases. Our surgical team is intensively familiar with preoperative preparing, choosing the right treatment, surgical procedures, postoperative care (including ICU period if necessary) and postoperative rehabilitation and diet programs for this group of patients.
As a member of the cancer treatment center in the Göztepe Medicalpark Hospital, in cooperations with medical and radiation oncologists, psychiatrists, dietitians, psychologs and other specialists I’m working as a part of the multidisciplinary treatment team for not only cure of the oncologic disorders but also trying for paliations and improving of the quality of life in cancer patients.
During the past 12 years I am in close contact with Prof. Dr. Yaman Tokat and his team in the area of liver transplantation and oncologic liver surgery. Alse I’m working with the Medicalpark Kidney Transplantation team in laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy operations for last two years.
1) Kolorektal kanserli hastalarımızda sağ kalımı etkileyen Faktörler. 6.Ulusal Kolon ve Rektum Cerrahisi Kongresi , Dr. Mustafa Ali Korkut, Dr. Halit Osmanoğlu, Dr. Ali Logmani, Dr. Babek Tabandeh, Dr. Servet Yetgin , Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer
2) The analysis of survival in emergency & elective colorectal surgery patients, 6th National Colorectal Surgery Congress, Dr. Mustafa Ali Korkut , Dr. Halit Osmanoğlu , Dr. Ali Logmani , Dr. Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Servet Yetgin , Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer
3) Factors affecting locoregional recurrence & distant methastatsis in the colorectal cancer patients, 6th. National Colorectal Surgery congress , Dr. Halit Osmanoğlu, Dr. Mustafa Ali Korkut , Dr. Ali Logmani , Dr.Hakan Çevikel , Dr. Babek Tabandeh, Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer
4) Value of X-ray abdominal graphy & Ultrasonography in diagnosis of Acute Appendisitis. İzmir Devlet Hastanesi Journal of medicine XXXIII , 2 , 226-230 , 1995 Dr.Ali Logmani , Dr.Mustafa Korkut , Dr.Yıldıray Yüzer , Dr. Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Süleyman Şahin , Dr. Halit Osmanoğlu
5) Effect of Mannitole on bacterial translocation in Rats with experimental obstructive jaundice, The Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology September 1995, Volume:6 No:3 , Dr.Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer , Dr.T.Öncel , Dr. İdil Çoker , Dr. Ali Menteş , Dr. Ahmet Çoker.
6) Changes in biliary tract & pancreas in Rats with experimental acute pancreatitis model The Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology September 1995, Volume 6 No:3 , Dr.Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Hasan Aydede , Dr. Ali Menteş , Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer , Dr. Ahmet Çoker , Dr. Mustafa Ali Korkut , Dr. U. Bayol.
7) Polipropilen mesh graft usage in the treatment of traumatic diafragmatic hernia repair. Çağdaş Cerrahi Dergisi (Turkish modern surgery journal), 9:246-247 , 1995 , Dr. Ali Logmani , Dr. Yaman Tokat , Dr. Mustafa Korkut , Dr. Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Esra Özbaşlı , Dr. Ali Koyuncu.
8) Factors affecting survival in our colorectal canser surgery patients , National Surgery Congress, May 1996 , Dr. Mustafa Ali Korkut , Dr. Halit Osmanoğlu , Dr. Eray Kara , Dr. Babek Tabandeh , Dr. Servet Yetgin , Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer.
9) Mezsenteric PanniculitisTurkish National Surgery Congress 1998, Dr. Erhan Akgün , Dr. Babek Tabandeh , Dr. O Tekesin , Dr. Nevra Elmas , Dr. Adem Güler , Dr. Sinan Ersin
10) Kuppfer cell actions in an experimental model of liver regeneration, 4th Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery congress – Turkey, June 1999, Dr. Alper Bildi, Dr. Babek Tabandeh, Dr. G. Erener, Dr. Figen Yılmaz, Dr. Murat Dayangaç, Dr. Yıldıray Yüzer
11) Analysis of right lobe living-liver donor complications: A single center experience Exp Clin Transplant 9, 56 (2011), Onur Yaprak; Murat Dayangac; B Tolga Demirbas; Dr. Babek Tabendeh; Yildiray Yuzer; Yaman Tokat, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Hepato-Biliary and Organ Transplant Center, Istanbul, Turkey.
12) Should The Middle Hepatic Vein Be Harvested in Live Donor Right Hepatectomy? Yildiray YUZER M.D. & Yaman TOKAT M.D. Florence Nightingale Hospital Istanbul / Turkey, Babak TABANDEH M.D. Medical Park Hospital Istanbul / Turkey , Middle East Sosciety of Organ Transplantation – 2008 , Shiraz / IRAN
13) Living Donor Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Yaman TOKAT M.D. & Yıldıray YUZER M.D. Florence Nightingale Hospital Istanbul / Turkey , Babak TABANDEH M.D. Medical Park Hospital Istanbul / Turkey , Middle East Sosciety of Organ Transplantation – 2008 , Shiraz / IRAN
14) Anatomical Variations of Donor Portal Vein in Right Lobe Living Donor Liver Transplantation : The Safe Use of Variant Portal Veins
Transplant International ISSN 0934-0874
Necdet Guler , Murat Dayangac, Onur Yaprak, Murat Akyildiz, Yusuf Gunay , Fatih Taskesen, Babek Tabandeh, Fisun Bulutcu , Yildiray Yuzer & Yaman Tokat
15) Management of Anesthesia in a Takayusu disease patient during morbid obesity surgery, 47th Turkish National Anaesthesiology &Reanimation Congress November 2013
(Poster-255) Aksoy T. , Tabandeh B. , Konakçı M.
16) Dynamic Gracilopasty operaion in treatment of fecal incontinence for anal atresia , 35th Turkish plastic &reconstructive surgery assocciation (Poster:401) , Ercan Cihandide , Babek Tabandeh , Orhan Babuçcu,
Book Editing :
The Thyroid (Tiroit Kitabı) Original language in Turkish , Mean author : Prof. Dr. Adnan İŞGÖR FACS , Subject 53c : Neck Dissection Complications Pages 1025-1035